NEED HANDBAG AUTHENTICATION SERVICES?        TEXT US PHOTOS! 302.715.BAGS (2247)

eBay-authenticate-program

EBAY AUTHENTICATE PROGRAM


The eBay marketplace today (Monday, September 25, 2017) announced the official launch of a new in-platform designer authentication program called eBay Authenticate. Buyers are now able to list their items and also opt to have them authenticated by a trusted authenticator within the eBay platform. The sellers will then be required to submit the item to be authenticated prior to collecting funds for their listed item. The buyer does still maintain the right to pay for the item without an official authentication, however this new service is projected to have reasonable price points and therefore become a "no-brainer" for customers to opt for a proper authentication prior to purchasing.

Many online re-sellers like TheRealReal and selling platforms like Tradesy, Poshmark, and Amazon sell pre-owned handbags, shoes, jewelry and other accessories. They all allow consumers to buy high-end brands at a discount.. but generally at their own risk. This system has worked wonders for expanding the pre-owned designer resale market, however without proper regulation counterfeit goods have become rampant.


Program FAQ:


What is eBay Authenticate?
eBay Authenticate is a program designed to give you greater confidence in selling luxury items, and to give buyers greater confidence in purchasing them. It’s powered by independent industry experts, who carefully verify each item’s authenticity, list, sell, and ship it to the buyer. 

As a business seller, can I participate in eBay Authenticate?
eBay Authenticate is currently available to consumer sellers through our quick listing tool. We are working to expand access to eBay Authenticate to our business sellers as soon as possible.

How does eBay Authenticate work?

Start listing your eligible luxury handbag, and select “Sell with eBay Authenticate.”
Send your handbag to industry experts. You have two, totally free options:

Mail it yourself: Print a free, pre-paid shipping label, and use it to ship your handbag via USPS.
Drop it off: Bring your handbag to any participating FedEx Office location, and they will pack and ship it to the experts for you—for free!

Independent industry experts verify your luxury handbag’s authenticity, then photograph, list, sell, and ship it to its buyer.
When your handbag sells, a 20% fee is deducted from the selling price, and you receive the remaining 80%.

I tried listing my handbag with eBay Authenticate but didn’t see an option for it. Why not?
eBay Authenticate is currently available to consumer sellers through our quick listing tool for handbags worth $500 or more from the following luxury brands: Louis Vuitton, Hermès, Chanel, Gucci, Céline, Fendi, Christian Dior, Prada, Goyard, Balenciaga, and Burberry. For a limited time, you can send in handbags worth $250 or more from eligible brands. 

We will expand to other luxury brands and categories in 2018.

What happens if my handbag can’t be authenticated?
If your handbag’s authenticity can’t be verified, it will be shipped back to you for free.

Is there a fee?
A 20% fee is deducted from the selling price, and you receive the remaining 80%.

What items are eligible for eBay Authenticate?
Handbags worth $500 or more from the following luxury brands are eligible for the program: Louis Vuitton, Hermès, Chanel, Gucci, Céline, Fendi, Christian Dior, Prada, Goyard, Balenciaga, and Burberry. For a limited time, you can send in handbags worth $250 or more from eligible brands.

We will expand to other luxury brands and categories in 2018. 

What condition should my luxury handbag be in?
New and pre-owned handbags in excellent or like-new condition from covered brands are eligible for the program.Does it cost me anything to send in my handbag to eBay Authenticate?
You pay no shipping costs when selling with eBay Authenticate. In fact, you have two, totally free options to send in your handbag:

Mail it yourself: Print a free, pre-paid shipping label, and ship your handbag in any box via USPS. 
Drop it off: Bring your handbag to any participating FedEx Office location, and they will pack and ship it to the experts for you—for free!

How and when do I get paid?
You’ll get paid via PayPal within two business days of the buyer paying for the handbag.

Do I need a PayPal account in order to get paid?
Yes, a PayPal account is required to get paid. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to set one up once you opt in to eBay Authenticate.

What happens if my handbag is lost or damaged before it sells?
In the unlikely event that your handbag gets lost or damaged, please call eBay Customer Service at 1-855-USE-EBAY.

How will my handbag be priced with eBay Authenticate?
Industry experts research pricing for similar handbags sold on eBay within the last 90 days and price yours accordingly.

How long will my handbag be listed on eBay? What happens if it doesn’t sell?
Handbags with this program are listed for up to 60 days. If it hasn’t sold after 60 days, it's returned to you for free.

eBay-authenticate-program
ebay-authenticate-program
ebay-authenticate-program
ebay-authenticate-program
eBay-authenticate-program
eBay-authenticate-program

​​CONTACT

eBay-authenticate-program

NEED A DESIGNER AUTHENTICATION OUTSIDE OF EBAY?

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT PHOTOS OF YOUR ITEM

WE OFFER MOBILE FRIENDLY 12 HOUR TURNAROUND

eBay is currently constructing its new authenticate program, so fees for the service remain unknown. However, eBay is likely to charge difference prices for the service, depending on the item’s brand, size and origins. The program will be made available to all sellers in every category around the globe later this year, although eBay has yet to reveal an exact launch date. The company is currently running a pilot program of the service and will share further information later in the year.


China, and other countries in South-East Asia, remain the largest sources of counterfeit goods, with clothing, footwear and accessories being listed among the most copied goods. However online e-commerce platforms have been working hard to ensure their efforts against counterfeit goods do not go unseen. Earlier this month Alibaba filed a lawsuits against two vendors who were allegedly selling counterfeit goods, the first legal action of its kind to occur in China, a few weeks after US regulators accused the company of not doing enough against counterfeiters.



Need an authentication FOR AN EBAY ITEM today? 

Submit photos of your item HERE 

we will get back to you within the same day of submitting! 

 Last Updated July 20, 2017

Most resellers do authenticate the goods as part of their internal process to keep from selling fake handbags, shoes and accessories. Because the items are verified, consumers feel they can trust what they’re buying is truly authentic. This is a system of checks and balances the larger reseal platforms have not migrated towards - until now.

“We know that many shoppers may be hesitant to purchase high-end products online,” admits Laura Chambers, Vice President of eBay Consumer Selling, in the company announcement. “This service is designed to help quell some of those concerns – and in turn – enhance the opportunity for our sellers to get top dollar for their items,” she says.

As an online authentication company ourselves, we have always warned our clients to buy with caution and always authenticate before, or at the very least - after, purchasing any designer goods pre-owned. We love the precaution eBay is adopting with the eBay Authenticate Program, however if you do need an authentication today, please submit photos of your item HERE and we will get back to you within the same day of submitting! 

You can also follow us on INSTAGRAM for daily tips on authentication!

HANDBAG AUTHENTICATION SERVICES | REAL IS BETTER